The ultimate guidance about how to update Matrix Theme
This post covers the following subjects:
- How to update Matrix theme installed in 2022 or later
- How to update Matrix theme installed before 2022
- General updates for Matrix themes
- How to request a new installation
- How to contact Support
For all templates installed prior to 2022, the only option to update it is to re-install the entire template. Before the new installation, please consider the following important
- The new installation will overwrite all previously installed files, but your content will remain unchanged. All pages, images, text, and custom widgets will be the same and you will not lose
any of your content.
- Some of your widgets may stop working correctly (e.g. sliders, parallax, etc.) due to updates or replacements of plugins and custom elements with the latest versions.
all those files on your computer before the new installation.
- Some templates may have undergone significant design changes in recent years. You can view the current template designs at the following page: https://www.matrix-themes.com/templates/
- If you are using a template that no longer exists, you can install any other template available at https://www.matrix-themes.com/templates/
- Please note that it will not be possible to revert back to the previous version after the new installation.
I regularly publish blog posts covering important updates, bug fixes, plugin changes, and additional support answers to commonly asked questions. These posts are usually published once a month or
whenever there is a significant change in our themes.
You can find these updates at the following links:
To request a new installation of your template, please use the contact form in the admin menu section labeled 'Help.'
You will receive a link to the documentation page with step-by-step guidance and the source files.
If you prefer the support team to handle the template installation, please provide website access and include notes about the new installation.
Please note that a new installation by the Matrix Support team incurs an additional cost.
If you have any further questions before updating your website,
please ask here