The collection of the most common support issues and mistakes using a Matrix theme.
* Last Updated: May 2021
01. The correct Support email
Theme support via email is available only through the contact forms from support page or Matrix theme admin > help section.
Sending an email request directly or from a previously sent email, might end up in the spam folder.
02. How to install a Matrix theme
If you asked the installation of Matrix theme on your test Jimdo website, here's a quick guide about how to transfer it to your main website
Make the back up first
- Copy the HTML code using a simple text editor (designs> custom template> html)
- Copy the CSS code using a simple text editor (designs> custom template> html)
- Copy the links you will find in Edit HEAD section (settings> edit HEAD)
- Save all files on your computer. Go to designs > custom template> files.
Install a custom theme on your website
- Upload all files ( designs>custom template>files )
- Paste the HTML ( designs>custom template>html )
- Paste the CSS styles ( designs>custom template>css )
- Click the save button to save all changes
- Add all links or custom code to Edit HEAD area ( settings>Edit HEAD )
- Disable the Jimdo mobile version ( settings>mobile view )
03. Hide shopping cart if empty
If you're not using online store and want to hide the shopping cart, simply add the class 'no-icon' to 'sc-wrapper' directly in HTML (
<div class="sc-wrapper no-icon">
The shopping cart in Matrix themes is not displayed if you don't have any module 'Store item' on your website
04. How to edit the info box
Some of Matrix Themes include the info box above the header. You can edit this section directly in HTML Design> Custom template> HTML :
<div class="fa fa-mobile">
<div class="fa fa-envelope">
How to remove the header top section
Go to Design> Custom template> HTML and add the class 'hidden' to the following line:
<div class="hs-top-header hidden">
- Depending on the template structure, the section hs-top-header can include the magic area ( header social links) or shopping cart. So if you remove it, you
will remove the other important elements of your website.
05. Display the social icons in header
Add the social icons widget to your footer and then class hs-magic to make it appear in header ( you need to refresh the page to see the effect)
When the icons will be displayed in header, you can edit them in the same position of footer
06. Editing the hero section
Hero Image can be edited in Design> Background.
You can select different image for each page of your website.
To disable the hero section for specific page, you need to add
the body class 'no-hero' in Edit Head:
All body classes for Hero Image:
no-hero - deactivate the background image for specific page
main-page - display the same image size as on your homepage
no-hero-overlay - remove the overlay filter
Deactivating the hero section from the whole website
In this case the body class 'no-hero' should be placed directly in HTML like shown below:
<div class="global-colors brand-bg brand-link has-custom-text large-inner no-hero">
07. Edit the hero title
There are 2 ways to add a hero title:
Widget from Shortcodes section
In Matrix theme admin 'Shortcodes' you can find a widget 'Hero Title" with 3 styles. Once copied, you paste it inside the content section and refresh
the page. The hero title will be displayed inside the hero image but can be edited in content
In case of any error of the hero title code, the red box might disappear. If you can't see it anymore, you still will be able to find it on mouseover like shown below:
How to fix it:
1. Once found the code of the hero title, you can delete it and add a new one from 'Shortcodes'.
2. Make sure your hero title code and the end looks like this:
<div class="matrix-msg invisible">
Edit here your hero image
- The hero title from the section shortcodes in recent Matrix themes has been replaced by draggable options with variables
Hero title with variables
1. Add a module columns with 2 columns
2. Inside the left column add the following code using the
<var> draggable-hero color-white g-font </var>
3. Refresh the page and start editing the hero section by adding any element inside the columns
Editing the columns
Once your module will appear inside the hero section, it's not possible to change the columns by adding or removing a new one. The only way to do it is to remove the Widget/HTML with the
variables, refresh the page and edit the columns inside the content section.
When you finish, replace the variables code for the draggable hero.
08. Setup the link color of the footer
To set up the color of global links in content and footer section, just go to Design> Font Settings and change the color of Link/Navigation.
In this section you can also change the Headings size/color and style of horizontal line
09. How to fix the admin menu links
This kind of error appears in old templates installed in 2013-2017
Go to Design> Custom Template> HTML and find the section of Matrix Themes menu:
<!-- ************* Vimeo Popup ************* -->
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://www.matrix-themes.com/support/documentation/" title="">Documentation</a><br/>
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://www.matrix-themes.com/support/quick-setup/" title="">Quick setup</a><br/>
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://brand-colors.com/" title="">Select a color</a><br/>
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://fontcdn.org/" title="">Select a font</a><br/>
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://www.matrix-themes.com/support/shortcodes/" title="">Shortcodes</a><br/>
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://www.matrix-themes.com/support/helper-classes/" title="">Helper classes</a><br/>
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://www.matrix-themes.com/support/updates" title="">Updates</a><br/>
<a class="popup-vimeo" href="http://www.matrix-themes.com/support/help/" title="">Help</a><br/>
<!-- ************* End Vimeo Popup ************* -->
All you have to do is to change the URL from
https://www.matrix-themes.com/support/documentation/ and so on
- The admin menu in Matrix themes installed in 2021 is injected by js file and not available anymore in HTML.
13. When your website is blocked by Jimdo
Your website is blocked?
Recently Jimdo started blocking the new websites of free account (This is due to a technical error). If it happened to your own website, just send an email to official Jimdo support asking to
unblock it. Usually, you will get the answer in 24h. It is recommended to save the original source files ( HTML, CSS and js file ) before making any change in custom template.
Contact Jimdo support